Monday, May 2, 2011

high school choice: calm and clear

high school choice: calm and clear
$30 per person; students are welcome but they may feel a bit overwhelmed.
Sorry no walk ins.
RSVP REQUIRED. I NEED TO GATHER SOME GENERAL INFORMATION FROM YOU TO MAKE SURE THAT I PRESENT THE INFORMATION YOU NEED.
 RSVP :
joyce@nycschoolhelp.com
718.781.1928

This two hour talk will prepare you for the HS Fair and tours. The DOE has many good programs and publications, but this talk is from the point of view of a parent who has been there and understands what you need to know and why. I am currently developing a second session just for kids, to address their concerns and talk turkey about the specific schools. Watch this space.


I describe the process quickly and clearly without the deadly powerpoint used elsewhere.
I give you a practical strategy to organized and manage the search.
I help you understand how to interpret the data that is available.
I give you resources to streamline your search.
I ratchet down the hysteria.
I focus on what you need to know and when from a parent's point of view.
I give you a little advice on what the high school choice means for the college search.
I cover schools that would be a possible commute for students living in Brooklyn or Manhattan. Including Brooklyn high schools, Manhattan high schools and Queens high schools
.

Thanks so very much for your help.  You were instrumental.  Going to all the DOE workshops and listening to the reassurances and opinions of our guidance counselor all paid off.  We did everything that people advised and the process worked!!!!!!  I’m thrilled.
- 8th grade mom

venues
Hootenanny Art House - 246 15th St. at 8th Ave. (South Slope)

No comments:

Post a Comment