Wednesday, September 19, 2018

College Advisor Recommendations from the PoNYTYA advice list


we hired a great
adviser who really connected with my son and had a great method of addressing all those
important components.

Our college counselor was wonderful and an important factor in building my
son's confidence, keeping him organized and helping him focus and think
through what he wanted out of college.  It is good to have a neutral person
with experience and skills as families embark on this important step.
Greg will come to you or meet your teen at a convenient place.

Greg Millar

*********************

Rachel Coates is another counselor. We didn’t hire her for one-on-one counseling, but I’ve attended several talks she’s given about various aspects of college admissions, and she definitely knows her stuff. 


********************

I found our consultant - Rachel Coates (www.EduCoates) - whom I HIGHLY recommend - brought out the best in my daughter, but the application was absolutely my daughter's own. The process is not anywhere near what it was when I applied to college; it is far more intense and crazier these days, and was all new to me.

Rachel helped my daughter through decisions, but again the decisions were hers. An admissions consultant shouldn't tell you what to do, since you have to live with all the decisions, not the consultant. 

*******************

I recommend Aaron Kind.
Aaron is an experienced focused and kind person. He is currently the College Advisor at Bronx Science. He does private college consulting as well, and is allowed to work privately with students who are not attending Bronx Science. Aaron's rates are extremely reasonable and he will work to create a program that works for your specific family and situation, creating the categories where help is needed, and pricing to reflect that. He is not one of the one-price-covers-all type of advisors. Aaron has worked with various families through The Tutoring Collective. He is an independent person and I was impressed with him so I recommend him to families. All of whom have been extremely happy.
Here is his contact information:
561-339-9953



No comments:

Post a Comment