Tuesday, July 5, 2011

nyc high school choice: calm and clear information talk

ask me about brooklyn schools

nyc high school choice: 

calm and clear information talk

Sorry no walk ins. 

 RSVP REQUIRED. I NEED TO GATHER SOME GENERAL INFORMATION FROM YOU TO MAKE SURE THAT I PRESENT THE INFORMATION YOU NEED.

Mon. Aug 15, 7-9pm 
Hootenanny Art House
tickets here
This two hour talk will prepare you for the NY High School Fair and tours in the fall. The Dept. of Education has many good programs and publications, but this talk is from the point of view of a parent who has been there and understands what you need to know and why. I am currently developing a second session just for kids, to address their concerns and talk turkey about the specific schools. Watch this space.
  • I describe the process quickly and clearly without the deadly powerpoint used elsewhere.
  • This talk is designed for families of college bound students.
  • I give you a practical strategy to organized and manage the search.
  • I help you understand how to interpret the data that is available.
  • I give you resources to streamline your search.
  • I give you tough love and options.
  • I focus on what you need to know and when from a parent's point of view. 
  • I give you a little advice on what the high school choice means for the college search.
I cover schools that would be a possible commute for students living in Brooklyn or Manhattan. Including Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens high schools.
$30 per person
email : joyce@nycschoolhelp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment