OUR MISSION AND VISION:
OUR VISION: Let's Get Ready envisions a world where students from all socioeconomic backgrounds have equal access to the support they need to reach higher education.
THE MISSION of Let’s Get Ready is to expand college access for motivated, low-income high school students by providing FREE SAT preparation and college admission counseling.
Let’s Get Ready accomplishes this mission by mobilizing and training college student volunteers to be the "Coaches", mentors, and role-models who provide not only SAT instruction and college admissions guidance, but the encouragement and inspiration students need to succeed.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- AFFILIATION: This program is coordinated and taught by college student volunteers in collaboration with the Black Male Initiative (BMI) and college readiness programs at The New York City College of Technology. Priority is given to students currently participating in these programs, but applications are welcome from any students from Brooklyn.
- DATES: June 23rd to August 11th.
- To participate in the program, students must attend an orientation on June 23rd from 7-8pm. PARENTS/GUARDIANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND THIS ORIENTATION. Students must also take a mandatory practice SAT on Saturday, June 25th, from 10:00am-2:00pm.
- TIMES: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 5:00-8:00PM.
- Tuesdays: Critical Reading/Writing SAT prep
- Wednesdays: BMI-led college readiness and mentoring
- Thursdays: Math SAT prep
- LOCATION: The New York City College of Technology at 250 Jay Street Brooklyn, N.Y. 11201
- HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: To qualify for the program, you must be a SENIOR (12th grade) in the fall of the 2011-2012 school year. If you're interested in participating in the program, click here to apply. Priority consideration will be given to students that exhibit economic need or are first-generation college bound.
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: If you'd like to coach, click here to apply. All Coaches must attend a mandatory coach training on June 21st from 5:30-9 (Place TBA).
- FOR MORE INFO: Contact the directors, Shani and Russell, at email@example.com or contact Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PHOTOS: Brooklyn LGR in Summer 2007