Application packet (including writing sample, essay, and report card) must be postmarked by Friday, February 25th - but the sooner the better! This seems like a great new school, and preference is given to Brooklyn students!
Millennium Brooklyn High School was founded in 2011, as a result of the communicated need for more high school seats for students residing in the 'Downtown Brooklyn' area seeking an accelerated education in their Borough. Millennium Brooklyn anticipates a total enrollment of approximately 450 students at full capacity. Teachers are available every day after school for extra help. An active Parent Association and School Leadership Team will ensure families further resources, initiate programs and raise funds to support them.
Millennium Brooklyn is a screened program. Criteria to be considered for admission to Millennium Brooklyn are:
* A minimum 90% average (for all core classes).
* 10 or fewer combined absences and late marks in grade 7.
* State standardized test scores at level 3 or 4 in grade 7.
* You must submit a portfolio which includes:
1. One writing sample of a graded English or History paper (will not be returned).
2. A one-page personal essay: Why do you want to be a part of a new school? What strengths do you think you can bring to a developing school community? (Must be typed.)
3. A copy of applicant's most recent 8th grade report card.
* Your child's name and middle school must be written on the front page of both the writing sample and essay.
An interview will be given to students who meet the above criteria.
Send all above materials in one envelope to:
Lisa Gioe, Principal
345 Dean Street
Brooklyn, NY 11217
POSTMARKED no later than Friday, February 25th. To verify receipt, send registere d mail. Send all materials together (they do not accept separate or partial submissions). Preference will be given to students who live in Brooklyn. There are approximately 108 seats offered to the incoming class each year.