Wednesday, February 19, 2014

March 10 - HS Choice: Calm and Clear Talk

nyc public high school choice: calm and clear

Sorry no walk ins. 

TICKET PURCHASE/RSVP REQUIRED. 


This talk translates the DOE's "script" describing how the process actually works, talking about the data available and how to manage and organize it. Also, you get my list of approx. 70 programs that are interesting possibilities for college bound kids from Brooklyn and Manhattan. It will prepare you for the NY High School Fair, tours and choices in the fall.
  • I describe the process quickly and clearly without the deadly powerpoint used elsewhere.
  • This talk is designed for families of college bound students.
  • I give you a practical strategy to organize and manage the search.
  • I help you understand how to interpret the data that is available.
  • I give you resources to streamline your search and cull the giant directory.
  • I focus on what you need to know and when from a parent's point of view. 
  • I give you a little practical advice on what the high school choice means for the college search.
I will do my best to help you laugh in the face of adversity.
I cover schools that would be a possible commute for students living in Brooklyn or Manhattan. Including Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens high schools.
$30 per person

Just wanted to say thank you again for the incredible seminar you gave last night on high school admissions. I walked into it knowing absolutely nothing about the process and truly frightened by the idea of it.
And now I have a firm handle on how to proceed finding the right school for my son.
It is all thanks to you, you were so clear and concise!
I truly appreciate it, it was invaluable.
- 8th grade mom
venues 
Hootenanny Art House - 426-428 15th St. at 8th Ave. (South Slope)
March 10 - 7:00 PM -- CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS

No comments:

Post a Comment